Why are some people just wierdos?

I work at a car body shop.I just had a customer come in and was looking for a window for his T-Top mustang. We told him, that they do not make them from the factory anymore. And referred him to the local glass company where they can specially cut him a window for his car. They are who we get anyways to put in our glass work. That or we told him his only other options were to search in junk yards to see if they have one out of a car that is undamages. He did not seem to understand that they don't make a glass for the car anymore. I finally had to bluntly tell him, that the glass for his car is discontinued because it is so old. There is no possible way to get a new one unless it is specially cut. I try to avoid telling people that there car is old so not to hurt there feelings. But he left me no choice. But i kind of feel bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• It sounds as though you were as diplomatic as you could be. I suppose you could say
    "because of the age of the car" rather than that the car is too old. Or would it would to say because of the model of the car, adding that it has been discontinued, or is no longer made. This way the "O" word is avoided.

Answer by Bmat at 4:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• As my ex boss, the attorney once said, "You can't get blood out of a turnip"...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009