Did any of you do the "mommy job" - I am thinking about plastic surgery after I am done with kids.

I am having my second child and it will be my last. I already signed up to get my tubes tied and if I have a vaginal delivery I will do essure at the doctor's office after.

For my 30th birthday I want a "mommy job" as my birthday present. Pregnancies took a toll on my body and I want it back.

mommy job is when you get a breast lift (with or without implants), tummy tuck and some lipo (sp?) at the same time.

Did you or do you know anyone who had it done?

Paty_hotmommy

Asked by Paty_hotmommy at 4:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• m.robertson811 no need to be judgmental. Yes your beautiful kids are worth all the hell that your body goes through, but it does not mean that she doesn't want kids just because she wants to get plastic surgery!

I think we women always put our kids first and ourselves last. You deserve to feel good about yourself and if getting this done will make you happy go for it! As long as you are not putting your family in debt to get plastic surgery then I dont see a problem with it. Hell if I had the money I would get it done too!!!
    therbug

Answer by therbug at 5:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• nope and i would never do it..

1st of: i cant afford it
    2nd: even if i could afford it, i know how to spend my money on more important things
    3rd: if i would know that i would hate my body so much after having kids, like you do (because u obviously do, otherwise you wouldnt want to do those thing), then i would ask myself if i actually want to have kids.

so, i think thats a clear no ;)

but thats just my personal opinion on any kind of plastic surgery. if you, or anyone else feels the need of letting a doctor cut you here and there, then thats fine. go for it. i dont want it though :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My "mommy job" is on the calendar! Several years out - but I'm there with you sister. Enjoy it!
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 5:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would do it in a heart beat. I will be getting my breats fixed when we are done having our babies. I love my children more that my own life but I want to be comfortable in my skin again.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Its On My List
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 6:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If I could afford it, you bet!
    shannipoo714

Answer by shannipoo714 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'm hoping I can afford it in the future.

I could go without the tummy tuck but I DEFINITELY want a breaslift BAD, I hope sometime after hvaing my baby #2 this summer I can afford it.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 7:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i want to do it too!
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 7:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i told my husband from day 1 that i was going to do it. now all i have to do is get him to fork over the money
    marissad

Answer by marissad at 7:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Just to clarify
    1- In about 3 years I will be able to afford a plastic surgery... hubby and I are already planning it - so NO I will not put my family in debt for my surgery
    2- my plans are to have 2 biological kids and adopt one or two more... so since I am already giving birth to the second child I can close my factory. LOL
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 7:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2009