If you don't want kids...DON'T HAVE THEM

UGH....I'm so irritated. I hate parents that don't want their kids or treat them like dirt. I was in an office today and this lady came in while her son, maybe 6 or 7 stood outside, which wasn't that big of a deal because it was in a big building where outside the office was actually inside. What got to me was...when she was done she yanked her kids arm and started dragging him down the stairs behind her. He started crying and said I can't walk that fast...so then she saw me walking behind her...I gave her a dirty look an she let go and was like...oh well why didn't you tell me! WTH like you couldn't tell you were dragging him...give me a break! What an idiot. People if you don't want kids...stop having them. Why do people treat their kids like dirt...it's so sad and these are the ones that usually grow up to be druggies, gang members or behind bars. It makes me sick. Love not hate starts at home!

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I totally agree...I was just talking to my husband about this LAST NIGHT. My neighbor (who I was friends with at one point, but because of some issues that I don't agree with came up, I have been keeping my distance) has really been upsetting me. I went over to her house the other day because we were having a snow storm and I was running to the store for some milk for the baby and I was going to be nice and see if she needed anything for her 3 kids. Well, when I went into her house I was appalled. Her and her husband chain smoke inside their house in the winter because they are too lazy to go outside. It reeked and her youngest daughter was coughing so badly I wanted to cry. There was 3 (!!) piles of dog poo on the floor and they looked like they had been there for awhile.
    Anonymous

• (cont.)
    It was about 18 degrees outside and all the kids had on were t-shirts and diapers!! They leave the front and back door open (with the screen doors shut) to air out the smoke (supposedly) but it was so cold in there, I felt so bad!!(Her 4 yr old isn't potty trained!!) Her house was freezing cold and those poor babies had hardly any clothes on! I just don't think that she should have had kids at all. She is always screaming at the top of her lungs at them...and I could go on and on and on. I am at the point now that I don't know what to do anymore.
    Anonymous

• Anon, could you call child protective services? That is such a sad story, as well as the cruelty described by the original poster.

Answer by Bmat at 5:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I can see a cluttered house...but a nasty filthy one with dog poo that's sick! The kids probably play in it...(kids are curious so it wouldn't surprise me) I'd make an anon call to CPS...there's nothing more you can do...I'd call more than once and act like I was a different person. If y ou don't and something happens to them...you will always feel like it's your fault and that you could have done something. CPS will come out and at the least investigate. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about them smoking in the house but not putting enough clothes on their kids...thats a problem. Even if they couldn't afford a heater they should still be able to put clothes on their kids. Not to mention that there are programs for people who can't afford heat.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If people have kids and don't want them they need to adopt them out to give them a better life.
    But She grabbed his arm now I wonder what he did that you don't know about that made him look like a perfect angel.You do not know for sure the whole situation here you saw part of it.So were you a hero when you gave an evil look. And automatically you assume she's a bad mom.You are the kind of person that will call cps on a perfectly wonderful mother that's kid had a bruise on it's knee sounds like to me.KEEP YOUR FACE on your own kids unless you know the whole story.I seen people report on neighbors who were nicest people in the world for a spanking a 12 yr old bully on his bottom he needed that didn't leave any marks cps visited and left and never found nothing wrong.Just some nosey know it all report a small part of what he saw.
    Anonymous

• Actually Anon I saw the whole thing and I did not say she was a bad mom. He didn't do anything wrong he was standing there looking at a sign on the wall when she walked out dragging him because she was obviously in a hurry. Which to me is no reason to drag her son down stairs and possibly injure him. Another thing...I have never called CPS on anyone...if you must know...but if I did what would it matter? If I did, I would obviously have seen something out of the ordinary that might merit a review from CPS, and if those parents are good parents and doing what they are supposed to be doing then CPS will investigate and then leave them alone!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 4:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Cont... What is wrong with that! You also don't know the whole story and just assuming that a child is okay, can put them in danger. You might be the only thing saving them from neglect or a violent parent. So no, I will not KEEP MY FACE on just my own kid. People have the right to make sure children are safe...they can't do it themselves so why not be their advocate?
    britni11

• I just can't get over how many people keep saying they want world peace and then they treat their kids like crap and wonder why the world is the way it is...that's all my post was about.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 4:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Okay, I get the reporting thing. And I have actually had it happen to me, while my husband was on deployment. The thing that bothered me was and still is, I am a very good mom to my kids, and I love them with all my heart. The person who called in did not have all the information that was needed and the case was dropped on site, I then had a record that lasted for 2 years, and now has cleared up. See the problem was they thought I was not giving my daughter medical care when she needed it, but when they went to the Navy hospital and got her full records and saw me take her in like 5 times in a month and half time, then it was dropped.
    I agree that on somethings yes it needs to be called in, but you also do need to know the whole thing to it, and just to clear it up, it was a friend of mine who turned me in, who did not get all the answers.
    AndieeM

Answer by AndieeM at 12:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I am coming from a way of it happened to me, and it scared me to think I could lose my kids, and know it was all out of not having the right info. My poor husband on deployment almost got shipped back and then of course the Navy did not want to help me, just him. I was the one hurt the most, and I had no one helping me. I think that is all I wanted when this happened, and still do when things are bad.
    AndieeM