Im a single mom, im currently in a relatioship. The person Im dating and I only really see each other on the weekends due to some distance issues. We don't really live near by. Im trying to be a good mom, but dating takes a lot work. How can I make it work with all the daily stress, schedules, etc. How can I not put pressure on this guy when there is so much pressure on me already?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I hate to be the party pooper here, but your FIRST priority should ALWAYS be your children and you ability to provide for them FIRST! Men have to take a back-seat to children--especially when they are young and needy! If you are able to balance everything, great....but it sounds as if you are stressed trying to do so.

Yes, we all have needs, but part of being a grown up is determining who needs us most, and prioritizing.
    Anonymous

• I have 50% custody of my 13 year old daughter and I've been seeing my boyfriend for 2 years. I see him on the days I don't have my daughter. I pretty much live with him the days I don't have her. Then on the days I do have her, we invite him for dinner or we go to the movies. She has grown to love him and he is very good to us both. He raised a couple of daughters himself so he is very patient and knows she is my first priority. You don't say what the pressure is all about. But the "right" guy will not make you feel bad or dump you for putting your child's needs first and foremost.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Don't worry about putting pressure on him. If he can't handle your life the exact way it is than he isn't the right man for you anyway. NEVER change the way your life is as a single mother to make it easier on a guy...your babies come first (as I'm sure you know) any man just has to be okay with that, or find the door. I was a single mom myself for years and the man I am now married to fit perfectly with my crazy life and my two beautiful children flawlwessly and I NEVER changed a thing. He loves them as if they were his own.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009