How heavy is too heavy?

I have had to change my pad 3 times within 3 hours and im just wondering if that is normal? TMI--but when i stand i feel like i have to rush to the bathroom bc it feel like its going everywhere... Ive had problems with my periods since i had my 3rd daughter 15 months ago... i know that i need to go to the doc due to my irregular and weird periods but he is next to impossible to get into...anyone have any insight??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Health

• I have wondered that same thing before....and that sounds pretty heavy. I was bleeding through a Super Heavy tampon in 1 hour and the Dr said that was NOT normal. I reluctantly went on birth control and it has REALLY helped. The heaviest tampon I use now is a regular and my cramps are almost GONE!

Sometimes after having babies your horomones can go crazy and the birth control kinda helps regulate them and get you back on course. Ask your Dr.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I was on birth control for about 3-4 months after my daughter was born and it made it worse---i had a non stop period the entire time i was on BC....
    Anonymous

• A pad an hour. A tampon does not hold as much as a pad so dont worry if you are over flowing them...but if you go through a decent size pad in an hour or under go to the er. 800 mgs of ibuprofen will slow the bleeding greatly. good luck
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• thank you for your answer... i was worried bc in 3 hours i went thru 3 pads--it would be dry and then i would stand up and i would have to rush to the bathroom bc i felt like it was going to go everywhere and i would have to change it.... i havent had to change it in the last 2 hours though so im hoping that it wont happen anymore...
    Anonymous