My 2 l/2 month granddaughter is having trouble pooping, we have tried 1 tsp karo each bottle, worked for awhile, now is having trouble again. Does any one have any suggestions. Thanks

Gran1954

Asked by Gran1954 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 2 months and has had the same issue. About every 3 nights we feed her an ounce of apple-prune juice (formula section of the grocery store) mixed with an ounce of water. She will have a "poo-splosion" in the night and feel much better.
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 4:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• give her either a little apple sauce with water in a bottle or baby prunes in a bottle... it will help her go potty alot better. I work in a pedi office and there is no meds that you can give her untill she is 6 months old...
    Anonymous

• Vaseline in the rectum (apply with pinky finger or Q-tip), massaging the tummy & back, doing the "bicycle" with her legs, and spreading her lil' butt cheeks.... repeat. :-)

G'luck
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My daughter who is 5 months old now had the same problem right about the same time. The doctor told me to give her straight warm apple juice about and ounce. And after she is good start putting half water and half apple juice.
    hope this is helpful!
    MiLeesMommy08

Answer by MiLeesMommy08 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Is she breast or formula fed? And what do you mean by having a hard time? How often? What's the poop like when she goes?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009