Insurance Salesperson, yay or nay?

I'm seeing a lot of ads for Insurance Sales. Anyone do this? Is it worth it? It looks so promising.

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2012 in Money & Work

• As long as you are self motivated you can make a ton of money. You have to believe in what your doing and have a genuine personality with people.

I am an insurance agent, producer, but I could never just sell for ONE company. My clients are of most importance to me and I set them up with whatever carrier suits them best, I could never work for a captive carrier. If I don't like a certain company or the way they handle things, I have the option to stop using them, which I have done in the past.

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2012

• I could never do it personally. But someone has to, some are good at it, and some like it so all the more power to 'em!

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2012

• My nephew sells for Aflac. He's doing very well, but he's on call 24/7. Maybe he doesn't 'have' to be, but it keeps his clients happy and they refer more people to him.

Answer by slw123 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2012

• OK, if you can handle rejection well

Answer by tasches at 4:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2012