Insurance Salesperson, yay or nay?

I'm seeing a lot of ads for Insurance Sales. Anyone do this? Is it worth it? It looks so promising.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2012 in Money & Work

• As long as you are self motivated you can make a ton of money. You have to believe in what your doing and have a genuine personality with people.

I am an insurance agent, producer, but I could never just sell for ONE company. My clients are of most importance to me and I set them up with whatever carrier suits them best, I could never work for a captive carrier. If I don't like a certain company or the way they handle things, I have the option to stop using them, which I have done in the past.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2012

• I could never do it personally. But someone has to, some are good at it, and some like it so all the more power to 'em!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 14, 2012

• My nephew sells for Aflac. He's doing very well, but he's on call 24/7. Maybe he doesn't 'have' to be, but it keeps his clients happy and they refer more people to him.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2012

• OK, if you can handle rejection well
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2012