do you have kids who are homeschooled and have rules? if so, what are they??

homeschool23

Asked by homeschool23 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• i home school my seven year old son. he has to get up at the same time during the week 7a.m.(he is an early riser or it would be 7:30 or 8). he has breakfast, brushes his teeth, gets dressed, can play orfor a while. then school starts at the same time everyday. we take a break for a snack, get back to work. take a break for lunch. and finish after lunch. no t.v. or radio while we are doing school work. friends and family always call before they stop by, so they do not interrupt us, otherwise it is hard to get him back on track. he still does chores, cleans his room, he loves to help with laundry, helps his brother clean up thebedroom, picks up after himself, takes care of his hamster. and can play or watch t.v. or have some time on the computer after school work is finished. but just like other kids he has time limits for the t.v. and computer. he still has a school schedule. it is just at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Ummm... same rules as most kids, I'd assume. No cussing, clean your room, bedtimes, pick up after yourself, do your chores, etc.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I teach CYT to many homeschooled childen. I know most of them follow a schedule like they would at school. On weekdays they have to get out of bed, get ready and make it to the kitchen table on time. I know they eat lunch at a specific time and have time slots all set out for lessons. I think it really helps them to learn the ropes of sticking to a schedule the way public school does.
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 5:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009