I don't mean to be stupid but...

I really don't mean to sound stupid but, I am not familar with the midstream home preg tests. How much urine do they need? I have heard if you use too much the result could be wrong. Also, will these test work prior to your period date? For instance if my period is due Sunday, can I test prior to Sunday or should I wait utnil I have missed my period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I know there are some Ive seen advertised that say they work up to 5 days before your missed period. As for too much pee, Ive never heard anything about that so Ireally cant say. Id just pee on it like normal? lol
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You don't need very much urine at all for the test. You hold the stick in a cup of urine for about 20 seconds. Also, for best results, you should wait until 5 days past your missed period. However, there are a couple HPTs out there that say you can test before. But to be sure, I'd wait until a week after your missed period.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• They do come with instructions and they will tell you how much pee you actually need. Too much will definitely screw up the test. You can flood it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you should def wait til after ur period- im pregnant now and i tested 9 times (lol) and 8 of those 9 times were before my missed period and they were all negative- the 9th was taken a week after missing my period and it was positive also the ammount of urine needed depends on the test read the instructins for the test you buy
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• TOO MUCH PEE WONT HURT THE TEST I HAVE TAKEIN MANY LOL AND IT WONT DO NOTHING IF WORRIED PEE IN A CLEAN CUP AND HOLD IT THERE TIL IT GETS NICE AND WET
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2009