I dont know if I can.

So my 2wk old daughter Milly went to the Dr. today and she gained almost 1lb in 1 wk. she gained 13ozs. Anyway. I have been giving you a bottle after she breastfed because she would seem hungry still. So I would give her a 1-2oz bottle after. And she would eat it. I only do it 2-3 times a day. But she told me that I had to stop because she was just wanting me to hold her to just give her her paci. But she is still hungry. I dont know if I can. Did you hear this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you know you are her mom, so you know how she acts when she is done eating, if shes hungry she wont take the pacifier, and if she seems happy after she eats the bottle then your doing it all right. dont stress too much about it, and if shes eating too much shell probably spit it all up anyways. so good luck and dont be stressed your baby loves you!
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'm not sure I totally get what is going on. But, if your baby seems hungry after nursing, then just nurse more. They will often just take the bottle because it is there, and easy.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would feed her til she's satisfied. If a baby is eating to much then they would spit it up or she would let you now she was full by not taking the bottle. I tried breast feeding but my daughter wasnt satisfied and was still hungry so I gave her a bottle.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Well that is the point she IS done nursing she isnt interested in my breast anymore but is still hungry.
    Anonymous

• Then she probably is NOT still hungry. She is just taking it because it is there.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Maybe she has a little bit of gas. I know breastfed babies don't get as gassy as formula babies, but it's still possible. Do you burp her really well after every feeding? Some babies act hungry when they really have gas. My daughter (formula fed) does that, it's quite annoying but I'm getting better at telling when she's REALLY hungry and when she just needs to poot, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If she is not interested in your breast anymore than she is not hungry....she is just taking it because it is there. I would give her a paci.

If you keep offering a bottle she may start turning from your milk and wanting the bottle more.

The more you nurse, the more milk you will produce. Your milk should satisfy her hunger completly.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Babies WILL over feed themselves, ESPECIALLY from a bottle. Give her a paci, hold her, shush her, swing back and forth.....Stop supplementing, it will only sabotage your supply. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I agree with mom2tw....she might be a lazy eater, breastfeeding is work for the baby to feed....If she is feeding for 5-10 mins on each breast she is getting what she wants/needs. She also might be a sucker and just like something in her mouth, give her a paci or your finger( if it is clean to suck on) if she is happy with that she is not hungry after breastfeeding.....
    For the first few weeks after my son was born I BF every 20 mins or so until we both got the hand of it....Hang in there mom
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• hang of it...sorry
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2009