staph infection,,CALLING ALL NURSES

my husband had a throat culture and it came up as staff??? theDR wanst in,,he will call him tom, but is this catchy??? and how did he get it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Health

• my son used to get staph infections alot and as a result i have had a few myself. ive never heard of it in the throat but i will tell you what i know from what my son would get. its like a pimple almost but theres alot of puss and infection in it. it is contagious. the drs told me that the bacteria for staph is everywhere. you get staph when the bacteria gets in an open sore. have you tried to google it. beware there will be some graphic pictures,
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Everyone has staph on their skin, in their nose, etc. You can get an infection when you have a puncture or scratch and the staph gets in there. It is catchy but only if you have a skin tear too. Good handwashing will help prevent the spread.

read this from my hospital's website

http://kidshealth.org/PageManager.jsp?dn=seattlechildrens&lic=57&cat_id=20028&article_set=22940&ps=104
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Are you sure it wasn't strep?
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009