doc does not agree with my ultrasound???

im 35 weeks
and i had an ultrasound today
the tec told me she thinks the baby is around 6 pounds
and i was like i knew she was gonna be a big baby
but my doc said that my tummy did not mesure her the weight that the tec said or somthing like that
and he said that he thinks the ultrasounds was wrong
they both also said the baby is really low and are suprised iv not started to dilate (sp?)
or have contractions does that mean she could be coming sooner then we thought??

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Could mean that she is coming sooner, but normally ultrasounds are the "real" deal... maybe he just doesn't want to beleave that your gonna have a big baby! hahaha... or you could be further along than what you actually are!
    Anonymous

• If you haven't had contractions, my guess is that there is no indication of earlier delivery. Mother Nature is tricky like that. About the baby's size, my doctor said my baby would be under 6 lbs, he was over 8! Like I said, Mother Nature is tricky. :)

Answer by Bmat at 5:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• doc's aren't always right... they told me my son was going to be around 6lbs and when he was born he was only 2lbs 10 oz...
    Anonymous

• Is the doctor being totally honest with you. If anyone should know they would... I find it odd.

I pray all goes well for you and your baby...God Bless You.

Just take care of yourself and don't worry about a thing.good luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• ultrasound late in pregnancy is a bad way to figure out the weight. its not very accurate at this point.
    Anonymous

• nothing is 100% accurate until you pop that baby out and they weigh the baby.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• They told me my baby would be around 8lbs and she was a little over 6 lbs. So really I woudnt worry about it. Plus my daughter sat low forever and I never did dialate. I ended up with a c-section and they thought for sure labor would start soon. Not saying that you will need a c-section that is just what happened to me.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 1:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2009