Is diarrhea a sign of labor?

I have heard this was true but have also heard it was not. I do not have diarrhea exactly just lately for past 3 days have been waking up in middle of night feeling cramping and feeling as thought I may have to go to the bathroom. I do end up going but v ery little comes out. I am 37 weeks & 5 days. I have lost my mucus plug, dilated 3 cm and effaced 75%. Could I have just dilated more?

MRS.RODARTE

Asked by MRS.RODARTE at 12:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes! It's your body's way of preparing as much room as it can for the baby to pass. Good luck!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• It can be a sign that it'll will start soon.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 12:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• It can be. There's not much room "down there" so your body could be clearing out as much as it can to get every tiny bit of room it can.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Sounds like you're gonna have a baby soon! Any contractions?
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 1:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Thank god yes! It is natures way so you can push! Is'nt it exciting you will have a new person soon....good luck!!!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2008