Sick 2 yr old girl

My daughter just threw up while I was holding her; previously she had been tired, laying down on the sofa until she wanted to be held. All of a sudden she threw up, something she has not done since she stopped during so with milk when she was 5 mths old.

I am going to test her temperature after I post this since her forehead is a bit hot but since we took her to the hospital last July when she was not herself and had a 102.3F which came to be nothing I know not what to do.

Any suggestions/tips will be appreciated, thank-you.

Thonasome

Asked by Thonasome at 5:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It sounds like she has the flu. Watch her temp and try to give her some crackers and ginger ale. Hopefully, she will feel better soon. If not, call her ped and see what he recommends.
    Bleweyez20249

Answer by Bleweyez20249 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Not whole lot to do about that except keep her hydrated.....the pediatrician will likely say give her pedialyte. my kidos wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole, so I gave them gatorade.......no milk or juice....that makes it worse.

If she keeps on you can call the ped. and get a fenagrin suppository phoned in (maybe) sometimes they require you to come in.....(that is NOT how you spell it,lol)

hope she feels better soon!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Let her stomach rest for 2 hours, then try a couple ounces of WATER. If that stays down for 10 minutes, try a couple more and wait for 10 minutes. If that stays down, then give 4 and wait for 20...if THAT stays down, then 4 more and wait 20 more minutes. If all of that stays down, the let her have a glass of WATER...drink it slowly. Once she has been able to keep water down for 6 hours then start giving her a little food.....

And watch out for diarrhea....once she's not vomiting any longer if she does start diarrhea, feed her starches and carbs to bulk it up...

Pedialyte, juice, gatorade and the like are bad for stomach bugs...there's too much sugar in them. The can upset the stomach and will make diarrhea worse.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• MY KIDS WILL GET SICK LIKE THAT 2 JUST HAVE THEM EAT POPSICLES AND ONLY GIVE HER CLEAR LIGUIDS FOR 24HR THEN IF HUNGRY GIVE RICE, SALTEEN CRACKERS, AND CLEAR LIQUIDS AND LIKE CHICKEN SOUP JUST THE JUICE FROM IT NOT THE NODDLES AND STUFF THATS WHAT MY DOCTOR TOLD ME AND IT HELPS AND IF THEY DONT WANT TO DRINK AT ALL THEN TAKE THEM IN OR IF U THINK ITS REALLY BAD THEN THAT TOO
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Main thing is to keep the little one hydrated, keep an eye on how much goes in and out. Small amounts of liquid often the better of her stomache will be. Always listen to your inner voice, if u want to go to the er, go. Error on the safe side.
    HelenetheQueen

Answer by HelenetheQueen at 1:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2009