• In the Spotlight:

What is your view and beliefs on the Trinity

Do you believe in it, and if so why?
If you Don't believe in it why?

motivesmom

Asked by motivesmom at 12:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because I'm still fairly new to Christianity, I really don't know what it means. I get that it's God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit...I'm just unsure.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• i do NOT believe in it because I do not believe that Jesus is the son of god. I believe that he is a prophet
    rachelisamail

Answer by rachelisamail at 12:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• the pastor of the church i grew up with was a good friend of mine when i attended there, we talked about the trinity before (he graduated from bible college so he had alot of insight on it) its a confusing issue... this is how he explained it to us..

The Trinity is 3 parts.. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit... it's like water, ice, and vapor all three are seperate beings, but all 3 are the same product... God is seperate from the world so he sent his Son, and when his son was risen back to God's side, he sent the holy spirit to the world... they all 3 work together for one common work, but each are seperate in the way in which they work...
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 1:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I believe in it...just because I feel it. I need no proof.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• For me it is easy because I have told u guys my view a thousand times LOL I cant except that if god is the creator of all things then how can he create himself. In islam i believe that god is most high above anything else. I believe god put jesus into mary by saying " be it and it is" I believe that the holy spirit is an angel of god ( angel gabrieal) that he used to comunicate with the prophet but I just cant imagine putting anything above god or even Equal too. God is one. I believe the consept of the trinity came from pagonism
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 1:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I do not believe in the Christian trinity but I believe there is a higher power/religious like figure trinity but do not know what it consists of really.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• No I do not because God IS the Holy spirit and Jesus is not God he is the son of god.
    Anonymous

• here is my view. the trinity are intertwined you can not have one without the other. I think of it like a gas flame. with God being the gas jesus the light and the holy spirit the heat. you can not separate the three. I know the differences but I can not take just the heat nor can I have just light they are related to each other. the are all aspects of the flame. and that is how I also see the trinity.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 8:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• You know, I believe in the trinity because that's what the churches I've been a part of (non-denom) preach. I don't think it really matters, to me, but I can see where it is important to others.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Yes, I believe the father, son & Holy Spirit are all one person. Why? Because the word says so:) That's all I need.
    binarystarr

Answer by binarystarr at 4:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2008