tmi

do you really poop when you are pushing out the baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• So they say.... I fear this... lol! I'm thinking of doing an enema before i give birth.. If i can....
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 6:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• They say not to do enema's bc it can put you into labor or something but if your in labor what harm can it cause... I'm gonna ask the doc before i do this of course.
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 6:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I don't think I did, but I heard it happens a lot. I poo'd before the epidural just in case!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Some do. They say not to eat a big meal. I've also heard that if it does happen, sometimes you dont even notice, and obviously the nurses wont say anything... I wouldn't stress about that at all.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I didn't!!! I was so proud of myself =] But yes, a lot of women do. My sister peed all over her nurse, lol.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• haha. some people do. i didnt the first time because i pooped right before i went into labor
    the second time i hadnt pooped for DAYS. i tell my husband and doctor ill probably poo because i knew i needed to go. once i was pushing only a teeny tiny one came out. my husband thought it was funny. i thought i was about to go, like A LOT, but it was only the pressure of the baby
    if you do there is always a nurse ready to clean it away
    learae

Answer by learae at 6:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i pooped, dont' worry the doctors see it everyday..
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 9:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• it doesnt happen to everyone. with me, my body knew i was gonna go into labor so it decided to clean itself out of all poo the day before..a.k.a..the runs.. that happened with both my kids..but even if that doesnt happen, that still doesnt mean you're going to poo on the table..and just remember this, these are L&D nurses. they do this for a living and you wouldn't be their first mommy too poo on the table if you do. they'll just clean you right up and you'll be fine! GL and dont worry!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I WAS WORRIED TOO BUT IM HAVING MY 5TH AND EVERY TIME I WAS WORRIED BUT WHEN U GET TO THE HOSPITAL AND ALL U WONT CARE ANY MORE LOL U WILL JUST BE HAPPY TO BE HAVING UR BABY
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009