when your pregnant what does that brown line under neith your belly button mean?

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That's normal, everyone gets that.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I got it.. 35 weeks
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 6:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Everyone gets it. It also sometimes goes up to just under your boobs. It gets darker the closer you get to giving birth.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yeah, I don't undestand why everybody says that "everyone" gets it?? I never got it?? I never understood that either... if everyone gets one... why didn't I? This is my 3rd pregnancy.....
    Anonymous

• idk everyone I know that had a baby got it!!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i must not be part of everyone either because i didnt get it. all i know is my friend did and she still has hers, her baby is over a year old too
    learae

Answer by learae at 6:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It is called linea nigra and it is totally normal. Not everyone gets it (I didn't), but many many people do. It don't mean anything in partticular, just something to do with pregnancy hormones.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Linea Nigra
    That vertical line on your belly is a pregnancy trademark that shows up on moms-to-be of all stripes.
    What it is: The dark vertical line that often appears between the belly button and the pubic area.

What causes linea nigra: Hormones, which are also responsible for your newly darkened areolas and freckles as well as an impressive variety of other skin anomalies, are behind this weird little stripe — which you've earned just by becoming pregnant
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 7:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It's called linea negra and isn't a problem. A lot of women get it, some don't. I never got it lol :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• not everyone gets it but its normal to have it. its called the linea nigre or something like that. with my first i had it exactly when they said i may get it (around like 14 weeks or something) but with my second i didnt get it until 20 something weeks. u also get a line that goes above ur belly eventually with it. with my first i got the second line but with my second i only have the bottom line. it goes away eventually (months after i had them it went away).
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 7:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2009