circumcision ???

My SO is circumcised and we don't know if we should get our son circumcised.... Doctors say it's not necessary anymore... What do you think?

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 6:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it's a personal choice, I made the choice to have my son circumcized so it would be easier for me and him to clean, and so his wee wee looks like daddy's. Also because if he wanted it done later in life it would hurt him really bad. And also cuz I think uncirced penises look weird! But that's my opinion and don't care one way or other what another mother chooses for her son.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• This is a hot topic.

my son is WHOLE and intact.....he is 5. No issues.

People can debate this FOREVER

Do REAL research and educate yourself....but one thing I have to mention is that you should NEVER pull back the skin to clean (like many will say) that is what causes infection..

The forskin is attatched and pulling it back tears it and lets infection in cuts......around 6 or 7 or even teenhood it should "release" and only HE should pull it back and rinse it, Maybe with a little suds but rinse clean.....

I am happy my son has his whole penis.....it is the way God created him.....
    Anonymous

• I have 3 boys... all intact. They're 5, 6, & 10 now.... no problems, no infections, no extra cleaning, etc. They just pee, shake, & go like any other boy.

Personally speaking, I think if they weren't supposed to have it, they wouldn't be born with it in the first place.

If you DO decide to have it done... just make sure they are using the method you want them to use & that they use at least a local anesthesia.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• No extra care needed....just wash like a finger.

My dh tried to convince me that it was HIGHLY important for a little boy to look just like his father........I laughed and laughed at him.....then he asked why I was laughing and I told him "YOUR father is not circe'ed" He was shocked......

He never tried to arugue that point again!
    Anonymous

• I have a feeling my son is going to thank me when he's older that he was circumsized!
    Anonymous

• Whether or not to do it is something I left to my husband. He was adamant that our son be circ'ed and at the time I didn't think it was a big deal. However with what I know now...I wouldn't have allowed it to be done.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• both of my boys are, my husband was very much in favor for it. even though i agreed i mainly left it up to him to decide. i dont regret having it done, they were all healed within a couple days
    learae

Answer by learae at 6:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My son is almost 6 and is NOT circ'ed and I am so happy we chose this for him.

No problems just wash like normal no retraction!!!!!

The U.S. is the only country that does routine circ's. Most of the world is intact.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Well why don't you look at some pictures of a man with an uncircumcised penis. It may help you out in making a decision. Here is the link that I looked at before I chose to circumcise my son. FYI I have had sex with a guy with an uncircumcised penis and I hated it! I actually left him because our sex life was too awkward.

http://www.circumstitions.com/Restric/Gallery1.html
    Anonymous

• LOL it looks like a snake in a sock!
    Anonymous