ANY IDEA'S?

WHere I live I want to get the word of the Lord out before its to late to everyone. Does anyone have any idea's in ways that I can spread the gospel in my area.... Thanks God bless you

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe hold a party of sorts at your place....Invite your whole neighborhood and have snacks and refreshments and while they are snacking have a little bible study thing...Know what i'm saying? :)

I'm not sure......
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 6:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Whatever you do don't force your beliefs on people. It'll only piss them off and they won't want anything to do with your or your beliefs if that happens.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• No offense..... but don't.

This is American, not some remote village in a jungle somewhere. EVERYONE has heard of God, Jesus, the Bible and has (at least) a basic grasp of what it's all about. I know I have --- been to all types of churches, listened to all types of sermons, studied on my own, had people try to convert me in both polite & not so polite ways. The "word of the Lord" IS out. i still don't believe it. no offense... I just don't.

Pushing it on people is just going to p*ss them off and turn them away more. Isn't it said somewhere that people are supposed to go to God freely? I'm pretty sure that's in there somewhere.

Try to respect others' beliefs and think of how you would feel if someone was trying to "spread the word of Buddha" or "spread the word of Allah" or "spread the word of The Goddess" to you.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Seriously.. do not force your beliefs on anyone. Sorry to say, but if you showed up at my door, I would not answer it, or I would probably call the police. I don't like that kind of stuff and I don't want it shoved down my throat. I would go to church and do it there.
    Anonymous

• thanks for the advise but the bible tells me to go out and preach the gospel to every person. I only tell them the word of the Lord and if people want to believe its up to them you know? Thanks for that anyways. God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• jsut pray for the wisdom and courage...and dont be afraid to be creative..when i used to work at a returaunt ....i would tape tracks to the inside of the pizza boxes....when they took it home ..they would open it up and there it was...also i have some one once when i was wearing a cross necklace ask me why i was wearing it...it was their way of sparking up a convo to witness to me...of coarse i had already been saved and answered with "because i love my Jesus" also jsut try to be others friends....help others...CONT...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• CONT..sometimes..living a good happy and clean life is the only "bible" people read...if others know u are a Christian they will watch u and see how u react to situations....and may start to wonder what u have that they dont...but i agree with the above poster...dont force it on any one....it will only drive them away....plant seeds instead....and pray that the Lord will use u and work thru u...instead of trying to do it on your own...he said his word will not return void!
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Also you all know that Jesus went and preached the word of the Lord and people spit on him and everything and I would go through that if just one person gave there heart to the Lord.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Do you have any good tracks?
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 6:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You arent Jesus though. You should respect others as you expect to be treated.
    Like a previous poster said most,if not all, have heard of your beliefs and they either already believe or have found their truth elsewhere.
    Its none of your business after that. You wanna spread the word join a church that does missionary work and go from there. You wanna spread the word then live your life in a way that says who you are and what you believe.
    You draw more flies with honey than you do with vinegar and forcing your beliefs on others is vinegar.

And to the poster who said she put tracts in pizza boxes...shame on you! Id have totally complained for that behavior which is totally inappropriate in a business setting.
    Anonymous