Do you think spiders are good luck when seen in your home?

As I am sitting here reading the posts I look and notice a little spider coming down with their web (a small one) not too threatening, I usually leave them alone they are harmless and again I have heard they are good luck :)

The itsy bitsy spider went up the water.......... :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Certainly not! And if they are left they will make nests and make more spiders. So collect it and put it outside. The only thing kind of good about spiders is that they eat other bugs, but it is better to get them out of your house.

Answer by Bmat at 6:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My granny told me spider in the afternoon means good luck. Morning spider means bad luck.
    Anonymous

• Ewww, lol! I'm terrified of them little suckers! My grandma always thought they were good luck though....that woman would never squish one!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• spiders no, crickets yes
    Anonymous

• Not for the spider! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Nope. I have made my SO commit what he calls mass geonicde over the years killing those suckers.

There was one night when I was pregnant, I just got done puking (yay!) and it was 2 in the morning. I saw a spider on my ceiling, right above my head! I was trying to be brave and shoo it away with a towel, lol, but it fell down onto my pillow and sat there and stared at me with its eight little buggy eyes.
    I sat there and stared back, terrified, until my SO woke up at 2:45am, and killed it for me, then laughed at me because I did not wake him up before.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Totally good luck!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Heck Yes! They are a Goddess send during the summer. They keep down all the other bugs, like flies and ants and yes..the icky roaches. I prefer keeping wolf spiders indoors. They are hunters and don't make webs like the common house spider. Although spider webs, steamed clean, makes a very good bandage if you're in a pinch.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i am terrifide of them but i guess depends on the size. small im ok. big i run screaming into the night. but no matter the size if they pop out at me thats it i run screaming kill it. my 3 year old laughs his butt of when i run screaming he says mama funny.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:45 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If spiders are goodluck then we better play the lottery,lol
    YUK I hate them, especially if im going to take a bath and the little creepy thing is stuck in the tub!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2009