Mom gives kids liquor @ party????

I just seen on the news about a mom who allowed liquor at a party thrown by one of her kids. And one of the kids who attended got liquor poisoning. Under what circumstances, if any would you allow underaged teens to drink???? I was allowed to drink champaigne at my mother's wedding

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Heck no!!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 6:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Once my child reaches 18 I MIGHT let them drink but only at home. And only a little bit.

I don't know though...it's about 10 years away till my oldest is 18. *shrugs* I might feel differently then.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I live on Long Island, I'm wondering if you do to because that story happened in West Islip. I would never serve someone underage no matter what the circumstance. I was a bartender for 10 years and it didn't matter who you were, if you were underage/no ID, No alcohol.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't chance it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• With my child it really depends on how mature He/she is. If my child is a teen who is responsible, I see no problem with it. I would not give it to someone else's child though, no way no how. What I do with my kids is MY biz but I would NOT want someone to give my child booze so I would not do the same
    MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 6:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• under what circumstances...........none, zero, nada, zilch.
    tkbarrera

Answer by tkbarrera at 6:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i was allowd to smokea t the age of 12 and drink freely at that age aswell...my parents would buy it for us...and would say "as long as u do it here it is ok" i say "horse S**T" i became a veryt wild rebelous teen....always drinking and having parties because i was alowed to..and by the time i was 17 i was a full blown drug addict...i have been clean and sober for almsot six years now..i do not even allow alcohal in my house...let alone anyhting else...when they are of age meaning 21 and they want to ..then they will have to do it at their own house..not mine..
    Anonymous

• These are idiot parents who wanted to be "cool" and "pals" with their kids.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My son got a few sips of a wine cooler when he turned 18. My SO let his drinks at home when he turnned 16. now his son has problems with it and mine doesn't. I personally don't think you should encourage it when their underage.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• When I was little, meaning under 10, I was allowed a small glass of champagne mixed with 7-Up (more 7-Up than champagne, but the amount of 7-Up diminished as I got older/into my teen years), and on the rare occasions that we would drink wine, we kids would be allowed a small glass of wine. But my parents would never have DREAMED of offering alcohol to any of my brothers' friends.

And I, now, would never dream of offering alcohol to any of my kids' friends, unless their parent(s) were there and said it was permissible at the time. And even then, it would be a small glass of whatever the adults were having. It's a good thing that we don't drink much here, we have wine in the house, but none of us are big drinkers.
    BlackRose78

Answer by BlackRose78 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009