I need help with potty training, my daughter will tee tee in the potty but will not do the other in the potty. Help

JimmieG

Asked by JimmieG at 6:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ok - "tee tee" and "the other"?

It's just Mommas on this site - you can use the grown up words.

The gumball method works but honestly - when she's ready, she's ready. How far along the potty trail is she? Does she hide when she has a BM or does she tell you?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Geez Wimsey, if you're gonna type an answer why not be helpful?! Insulting the person first, then mentioning 'the gumball method' but not going into detail, then answering the question with more questions.... why'd you even bother replying to the question?!

Anyway, my daughter didn't like going #2 in the potty for a while either- it was scary for her. If you're having her sit on the big potty with a seat you could try getting her a little potty of her own. Also having a reward chart may encourage her to go. Give her a sticker to put on the chart everytime she goes poopy in the potty and then after one week of going let her pick out a toy or something she likes- even just from the dollar store. It may still take awhile but just know she'll eventually get to the point where she'll do 'the other' in the potty too. Good luck!
    Anonymous