If you are fed up with your 8 yr stepson?

I read a post of a lady who was fed up with her 8 year old step son that her husband has custody of is STEALING their food. First off how is he stealing their food?All my food in my house is for my kids to feel free to have.When they are hungry I allow them to eat of course not exorbit wasteful amounts.But what is the kid on rations?Sounds like a concentration camp?I think there is bigger issues of resentment/jealousy here and I feel sorry for the child.He maybe eating for comfort because he has a resentful/jealous step mother.Sad but I was pondering this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• The step mom should let the boy eat (with in limits) but I don't think she is doing this to the child bc she is resentful and jealous. I don't get it.confused

It sounds like you might be resentful and jealous...could you be.

Being a sm is very hard work she has to take all what the bm dishes out so sm better be ready but handle as an adult. Let the kids EAT all they want.

Anonymous

• Well as a biomom all I can say if my sons stepmom ever treated him that way and accused him of stealing food in his own house we would be back in family court before the fridge door shut.

Answer by gemgem at 7:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Is it possible that the step-mom is on a special diet that requires her to have special food, and that's what the step-son is stealing? I have problems with my 10y/o son doing that to me. I have IBS, and have specific foods that I eat for breakfast to keep my IBS from acting up, and they're foods he also really enjoys, and I have to continually remind him that he can't eat all of 'my' food because we don't have the money to replace it if he eats all of it.

Or, is the child overweight, and on a diet himself and sneaking food into his bedroom? Or possibly stealing candy/cookies during the day? These are things that all three of my kids are guilty of (except the overweight part, mine all tend to run underweight)
    BlackRose78

Answer by BlackRose78 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I had a friend when I was young and her mother made her ask for everything, even a drink of water. I was not raised that way, I was free to eat and drink as I needed/wanted. But if there are certain things that he shouldn't have then maybe she should set up boundaries and let him know what he can and can't have in the kitchen. Perhaps he and daddy can go to the store to get him his own snacks.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• austinsmom: my parents did that to me and sometimes I slip and ask my hubby if he minds if I have such and such. It's very embarrassing.

OP I don't know why someone would do that but there may be more to it then that. I know I will never do this to my children as it is still affecting me and I'm 22 yrs old!
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2009