Palin to media: Leave my kids alone

just going to leave the link to the story here:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090121/ap_on_re_us/palin_media

so here is my question what did she think was going to happen when she stepped out into the public eye.

what are you thoughts??

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 6:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Umm, wait a second. I am not a fan of the Clintons. BUT, I think they did an awesome job as parents. Why? From Day 1, Bill and Hil said "Listen media types. *WE* are fair game. Our child is not." AND, guess what! The press honored that.

W. and the Mrs. did the same thing...and the press, for the most part, left the twins alone.

The Obamas would, I assume, ask for the same respect for the girls. They have been photographed rarely and only in sweet little pictures of family wholesomeness. There's no one trying to cruise in to see who Malia has a crush on.

Why should Palin NOT expect her family to get the same consideration? She's not any thing more today than a state goverenor - and prior to that, her kids shouldn't have been treated any differently than Biden's, Obama's, McCain's, etc. ALL those families made a photo op or two. No?
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 7:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Um, leave the kids alone?! Everybody, and esp their kids, are entitled to privacy
    Anonymous

• thats why i find it funny that obama was criticized for being "a celebrity" when she basically turned into the same thing
    learae

Answer by learae at 6:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Well, she is the one who brought them onto the platform with preaching of family values and such. I agree the kids should be left alone but Palin should have started that one herself and not used her youngest to gain political points and her daughter as a prop.
    Anonymous

• It's her own fault. She is the one who is using her kids for media attention.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, the media should have kept her kids out of it but that's not how it works, unfortunately.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• She stepped into the public eye, well she's back to being just governor of Alaska now, so the media ought to leave the kids alone now.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

i totally agree if she did not want her kids in the spot light then there are ways of keeping them out of the spot light, there are many famous people that are able to raise there kids with out them being put under neath a microscope.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• She was basically asking for it.
    Anonymous

• She brought it on herself by using her kids to gain votes! I mean, come on. As a previous poster said, there are other celebrities who have kept their kids out of the media, she should have done that too. But instead she decided to use her children to play on people's emotions. As such, she did it to her kids, she cannot throw the blame on anyone else, she did it herself.
    Anonymous