Baby turning.

Ok, I have been having a lot of pain in between my legs and I told my doctor about it and he said it could be caused from the baby being breach. I am going in for an ultrasound on Monday to check her position. If she is breach I am not sure what the doctor will decide to do but, how do they turn babies. DO they wait until your in labor, if they wait until your in labor will they induce early? Is it really painful. I am deathly afraid of a c section but, of course I would do what is in the best interest of my baby.

matthewscandi

Asked by matthewscandi at 7:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i know alot of doctors dont recommend it and it is very painful. i dont know if they do it during labor or not. basically from what i saw, two nurses/doctors apply pressure on your belly one going in one direction and the other going in another direction sort of pushing the baby to rotate in a direction. ive never had it done myself but i saw it done and explained on a birthing show. i understand your being scared of a c-section but in my honest opinion i think it would safer for both you and the baby. good luck :)
    madelyns_mom08

Answer by madelyns_mom08 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i was the same way i was induce i tryed to push her out but she didnt come so i had a c-section and it was not bad just in some pain the day after that all.. she was head up not head down. i dont know if this willl help u out or not!
    Anonymous

• Okay I had two breech babies 2 weeks before birth. My midwife told me to get down on all fours and turn my hips from side to side. Also to lift one leg up on the couch or something and bend down in the direction opposite of the legyou have propped up. It worked both times!!
    mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 8:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My doctor wouldnt do it because my stomach was too small, and there wasnt enough room to turn her. She also said that there is only a 60% success rate, and it can be very painful. My c-section went very well. I was able to be conscious and not in excrutiating pain while my daughter was born. I was home within 48 hrs... I hope that if you have to, yours goes the same. Good luck either way.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009