Whats the best way to dry up your breast milk? So Painful!!!

They hurt so bad. Dont want to bind them. How do i do it?

niknik1313

Asked by niknik1313 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Health

• Time. Feed your baby a little less from the breast every day and more from the bottle. It'll still hurt, but if you make this a gradual process it'll hurt a whole lot less - promise.
    kirstentoland

Answer by kirstentoland at 1:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• This is going to sound weird but I guess if you take cabbage leafs and put them in your bra it works. My friends Dr. told her that and she tried it and now swears by it.
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 3:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Cabbage leaves in the fridge then in your bra cause the coolness helps with pain....but the cabbage leaves really work well..
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 5:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• i was dealing with the same thing, but i think mine dried up already!!!! good luck with everything!!!!
    Ms.Beth1214

Answer by Ms.Beth1214 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Frozen cabbage leaves in your bra, ice packs, and Motrin for the pain. It'll take a few days but it gets better, trust me!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Just don't breastfeed. In the shower, you may express a little just to ease the discomfort.

OR pump and donate it to the hospital for babies who can't have their own mother's breastmilk due to the mother's addiction, death, illness...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Time hun, it is a supply and demand as the baby nurses less your milk will naturally decrease. I nursed all three and as the feedings decreased my milk did too.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2008