Please don't take my question the wrong way but...

For the white mommies,when you go to the salon,do you get your hair styled? I'm asking because I notice that a lot of white women will go to the salon and come out exactly how they went in,except with an haircut.Is that because they only wanted a cut,or is that what you do? I hope I don't sound rude asking this,I was just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i can only answer for myself but if they offer to style my hair it always gets some funky thing usually its a wash,cut, dry, and spray then on your way. i have 2 babes so as quick as possible and out the door b4 something breaks.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I go to the haidresser to get my haircut. I am not into flamboyant or gawdy things so I keep the same style for a long time. I like the natural look most. I have long curly hair so it works for me. I just get it cut and thinned when I need to. I dont even use hair products besides shampoo and conditioner in my hair.

Answer by gemgem at 7:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I personally just go in for a cut. A lot of salons now charge you to have your hair styled. I used to get it styled when it was free but I'm not going to pay an extra $40 for it.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You can pay a few dollars more to have your stylist dry and style your hair. When you find a look you like, there's nothing wrong with keeping it the same--but maybe with a little variation!

My hair is shoulder length so, I often wear it up or with a hair clip, but I always get highlights and bob style cut with long bangs and chunky layers.
    Anonymous

• I go get my hair cut (about 2 inches off) and layered.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Alot of whites keep it simple. Blacks I think have a great skill with hair and how their hair holds
    the can do all kinds of cool styles!I am white by the way.
    Anonymous

• Whenever I go into the hair salon I will go in to get it cut and colored
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 7:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I know I can pay a few bucks to have it styled. But i know how to style my own hair. So, why bother>? My cousin is actually a hair stylist. I have this argument with her often LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 7:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• White hair is different from black hair. (I'm only assuming you are black. Forgive if I am wrong.)

As a general rule, white hair is more fine than black hair so it doesn't hold a style by itself very well. Of course every womans hair is different from the next.

I get my hair styled if I have some sort of occasion and I can't do what I want with it on my own. Otherwise, I'd go in for a cut, color or trim. More maintenance type things.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 7:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I know where I go sometimes they charge more for a style. and it only lasts a day
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 7:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009