Home remedies?

My DH would like to know if you have any home remedies for post nasal drip. He says he feels like he has thick mucus stuck at the back of his throat. Sorry TMI I know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Health

• I just got rid of this with a Neti pot...or he can snort a little warm water mixed with a tiny bit of sea salt.
    I will also boil water and put a few drops of Melaleuca Oil into the water ...put a towel over my head and breath in the steam through my nose. Tea Tree oil kills all kinds of germs and the water dilutes it enough it doesnt burn.
    Hot hot showers breathing in steam helps too.

I hope he feels better.

Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 7:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• lemon water? or tea with a drop of either lemon or honey. dr. told me to do that when i was preggo and had nasty nasal conj.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Neti pot, a saline soultion you pour in your nose it really works, you can do it as often as needed.
    Also, sudafed sinus non drying it is in a turqoise box. Hope this helps
    Gran1954

Answer by Gran1954 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• with the lemon (warm) water/tea it cuts the mucus as well as gets rid of the lingering bacteria
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• water and salt gargle it
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Okay I just had this for the first time and it wasn't fun, Im prego too. I took Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar mixed 1 cup of that with one cup of water boiled them did the steam thing in a bowl with a towel over my head, along with sniffing eucalyptus oil and shooting salt and water up my nose. It was gone in about 3 day's. But I did all that 3-4 times a day. Worked awesome!!

mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 8:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009