Am I the only one

Tell me its not just me. I love my baby to death but does anyone else ever get tired of being cooped up in the house with the baby all day? There are only so many things you can think of to talk to a 3 month old about. I do take a break and get away when I can but I just was hoping some other moms could share some tips on how they make it day after day ( : I just get so bored and its cold out so I dont want to drag the baby out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take a long hot bath, go shopping with or with out baby, explain astro-physics to baby anything to get your mind of the day-to-day-ness of a three month old
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 7:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Wear her. It made a huge difference in my first and second- I could do anything around the house with the youngest in my moby wrap. My oldest of course helps to keep things entertaining, lol. But being able to go about like I would cleaning etc was great the second time around. Also try to remember that it wont be like this forever... before you know it you little one will be past this phase and that will be gone forever. Don't feel like you are alone- you aren't. When you stay home your kids becomes your job and we are all taught to loathe our jobs. We never make it to loathe with our sweet babes but certainly it is easier to get stressed with a "job", kwim? Also, in a few months she will become more mobile and that sense of manotiny will fade... You will be very busy. And then you will be stressed about other things :)

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 7:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It can get tedius, and winter is the worst time to have children. Period. Let alone babies.

Head over to visit friends (who don't work) when you can.. Grocery shop.. I go to Walmart a lot, (only store in my town) just because it gets the kids out of the house for a few minutes.. Playgroups (when I can get my ass out of bed in the morning!!).. We go to the post office to collect the mail..

Like a PP said- a sling helps you get things done around the house..
    Really, though, no, you're not alone. Winter just plain old sucks.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 8:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I do get bored being at home with my LO. I love her to death and when I 'm not here I miss her so much. I learned to just sit back and enjoy my baby b/c the grow so fast.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Of course! That's why I went back to work part time, and why my husband watches the baby one night a week while I go visit with friends for a couple hours. I do miss my baby when I'm gone and am very happy to see him when I get back but I need that break!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I feel you. I have 3mo twins, and i'm home with them all day every day. It takes a lot to get them out of the house. By the time i get them fed, changed, put in their carseats, make sure i have everything i need, and get somewhere, it's about time to feed them again. And i cant do it out of the house by myself. At home i can, so if i go anywhere by myself, its either make a quick trip or i wait till hubby gets home or ask my aunt or mom to watch them for a few hours so i can get stuff done. Or have them go shopping with me so i can have help feeding them. I keep telling myself it'll be easier and more fun when they start laughing and interacting with me and toys more. Then i can actually play with them, not just making funny faces and stuff. And i'm about to go back to work part time, also. You just need that time away from things - it doesnt mean you dont love your kids. IT just means you're human. =)
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 10:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• it's cute but a boring time- I feel ya, but get online to sights you like, read while you are nursing, or feeding and keep up on you when you can!! Do your toes, try to watch a movie, and don't beat yourself up for feeling trapped. It's normal. We all have our times. But, they are onl
    momma_teia

Answer by momma_teia at 11:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i go grocery shopping with the baby and its fun to me. walmart is like the mall in my town. i miss the real mall i would go there and walk the baby in the stroller if i had one. i go out to eat, go to drs appts, go check the mail, pay the bills at the offices instead of mailing. just milk any little errand so at least u get outta the house
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2009