How can I find a local babysitter?

Jewels661

Asked by Jewels661 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Talk to friends, put an ad in the paper, call a church, call a nanny service etc

Answer by gemgem at 7:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Certainly not on the internet.
    Anonymous

• try contacting the local middle school or high school or area Girl scouts.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 7:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I agree with the first post word of mouth referral is good or you can see the newspaper ads or city hall business license to see who is registered.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Sittercity.com and care.com, I think they do backaround checks and some of the babysitters.
    Deb79

Answer by Deb79 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you can check kijiji.com or kijiji.ca if your in canada. I know lots of people say dont use the internet but you are all adults here. As long as you interview them its ok. and try checking churches and ask friends who they use.
    almostamommyof2

Answer by almostamommyof2 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Our Red Cross does a certification baby sitting class every summer, it takes 2 weeks of training then tested to be certified.. They have a list of names you can call.
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 7:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Great answers here, ask around the H.S. ask friends, neighbors...I haven't had a sitter in years! Wah!
    two_girls

Answer by two_girls at 7:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• as neighbors, put an ad in teh paper... idk!! i would trust word of mouth more than a service...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:52 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I babysit out of my home, and I only babysit 2 children. I am trying really to get 1 or 2 more children but it is sooooo hard, I am in a small town, and word of mouth doesnt go that far. I wish I could help you!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2009