caffeine drinking with pregnancy

when i was in my first trimester i was really sick and pepsi was the only thing that i could really keep down. But since i haven't cut back on my caffeine..ive read that caffeine isn't good to have during pregnancy....since you have been pregnant have you cut down on your caffeine intake? if you alreadyhad your baby did you notice any problems that wouldve been caffeine related?
I ask because i drink alot of pepsi throughout the day.

SaraNicole715

Asked by SaraNicole715 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have cutout all of my caffeine intake I drink alot of water and apple juice but all I want to drink is Moutain Dew!!! I go to the Ob doctor tomorrow so I will ask!!!
    krysdawn09

Answer by krysdawn09 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i drank soda and so far i dont notice any difference
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It's empty calories and the sugar can hype you & the baby up. I would cut way back. Drink more water-milk-and sugar free juices.
    Anonymous

• Well, Pepsi is bad for you even if it's the caffeine free kind and you shouldn't drink it whether pregnant or not, but during pregnant you need to be thinking of your baby too, so I would just not drink it. Drink water, juice (but not too much as bottled juice is just as bad a soda) decaf ice tea, and crystal light is also a good choice. Caffeine in Pepsi would be the LEAST of my worries if you were drinking more than one can per day.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• nope i drank it daily with my son now he is 5 and no he is not addictied to caffine he is like me yes and likes sweet tea but he is a southern boy lol he has no choice and i still drink sweet tea with this pregnancy and my daughter so far is just fine and my dr says there is nothing wrong with it and me personally i think its completely crap i mean if people had no problem with it when it was like 20 - 25 years ago why the heck now right?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i drank caffiene. i just made sure it was limited. if i wanted pop i would choose the caffiene free kinds like siera mist before i would choose the caffienated kinds if at all possible. i did drink coffee once in a while but had to stop when baby was seriously bouncy off the walls in my uterus. it hurt me too much to drink any more ahahah. i use to drink a lot of rootbeer floats (craving) and baby girl is healthy.
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 7:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I drink Mtn. Dew like crazy and I am 33 weeks. My Dr. says it is fine cause when I tried to cut down it made me so sick. It is just something that me and the baby has gotten use to and we both don't like it when we don't have it......
    lelandsmom6707

Answer by lelandsmom6707 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I drank a lot of pepsi and sweet tea while I was pregnant....can't say that I noticed any issues. However, I do have a VERY active daughter. Don't know if there's any connection.
    mlinton87

Answer by mlinton87 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• some people will compare caffiene to smoking..it can do alot to the baby..like make them go nuts in your belly and be a little harder for them to sleep when they come into the world..i have definately cut back on my caffiene intake and the dr.s will recommend you cut back as well
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you should cut back but drinking one or two cans a day is fine (according to everything that I've read there's no definite proof of caffeine being as much of a bad guy as some people are making it out to be) I've also asked my doctor and she said to cut back, not to completely stop drinking it. I was a big coke drinker before i got pregnant and so i switched to caffeine free coke when i got pregnant but i still try to drink more water than anything else. sometimes you just need that caffeine to get you through the day, i understand.
    Anonymous