Snack day tomorrow at work....what should I take?

A couple people are going together and buying Italian beef and buns, desserts are covered as well as drinks. I need to bring a side dish of some kind. any ideas?? quick and easy - I can put something in the crock pot and cook it tomorrow but I'll only have about 3 1/2 hours for it to cook. We have a refrigerator at work too if it is something that needs to be kept cold. We do not have an oven though so crock pot is my only heating option. thanks!

the3jsandme

Asked by the3jsandme at 7:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• What about just picking up a fruit and/or veggie tray from the grocery store? That would be quick and easy.
    Triplestack318

Answer by Triplestack318 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Take tossed salad or a cold pasta salad.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Baked beans are quick and easy, and you could make them tonight and put them in a crockpot tomorrow.

Answer by Bmat at 8:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My extended family loved my cold pasta and it couldn't have been simpler. Boil pasta noodles as directed (I prefer the rotini corkscrew shape) and cover with a healthy dose of Wishbone Italian dressing after the noodles have chilled. That's it. You can add sliced olives and/or grated parmesan cheese, or cubed mozzarella chunks if you like.
    sillymoo

Answer by sillymoo at 9:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would say baked beans or macaroni and cheese. Maybe some potato salad?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• with Italian beef, I'd say either a pasta salad or antipasto.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2009