why does God let children go threw bad things?

with all the news stories I am reading about that mothers are killing/ severely injuring their children I think that you should have to have a psych evaluation before you can have children. Then there would not be so many children dead and or hurt. I know that this would never happen but something needs to. and what really upsets me is once they abuse one and that one is taken away they go and have another one. they don't want the kids they want them so the government will give them money so that they don't have to work

rachelisamail

Asked by rachelisamail at 12:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• An unknown author wrote the following
    One by one God took them from me
    All the things I valued most;
    Until I was empty-handed,
    Every glittering toy was lost.

And I walked earth's highways,
    Grieving, in my rags and poverty.
    Until I heard His voice inviting,
    "Lift those empty hands to Me!"

Then I turned my hands to heaven,
    And He filled them with His riches,
    Until they could contain no more.

And at last I comprehended
    With my stupid mind, and dull,
    That God cannot pour His riches
    Into hands already full.

motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 3:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• As a deist, I don't believe that god gets personally involved...he set the world in motion, and what we do with it and what the human race becomes is up to us!

Deism is the belief that a supreme god exists and created the physical universe, but does not intervene in its normal operation. It is related to a religious philosophy and movement that derives the existence and nature of God from reason. It takes no position on what God may do outside the universe.

Deists typically reject most supernatural events (prophecy, miracles) and tend to assert that God does not intervene with the affairs of human life and the natural laws of the universe. What organized religions see as divine revelation and holy books, most deists see as interpretations made by other humans, rather than as authoritative sources. Deists believe that God's greatest gift to humanity is not religion, but the ability to reason.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• The book "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" by Rabbi Harold S. Kushner is an excellent discussion of your question. The Rabbi lost his son to a rare disease - I believe it was progeria (?), and that caused him to ask exactly the question that you have posed. I recommend you pick up a copy. It made me think, and it made me cry.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• IT is do hard for me to answer this I dont know why god does bad things but the only way in my head to help me understand why,was that if we didnt have evil there wouldnt be good. Like how can we enjoy happy times if we have never had bad That is just my view on it.
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 1:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• "God will never go against his own will and will not impose on the will of others." Our pastor said this a few months ago. God allows it b/c he allows people to have free will, even when that means doing wrong and harming people :(

I find it interesting people are all for God's will when it suits them but when it means TOTAL free will and people using it for the bad not the good, God gets a bad rap. I often wonder if people credit God for the good when they are so quick to blame him for the wrong. People make their choices, blame them. What about the times God does protect people?
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 2:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Without bad times we wouldn't be able to recognize the good ones.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Everyone makes the assumption that God makes these things happen. That's not the case AT ALL. God gave us all free will. So when two boys go and shoot up a high school, while God was there, he didn't tell them to do that, He was there with those suffering, He was there with that brave girl who stood up and confessed her love for Jesus only to be killed because of it. We can't blame God for bad things, we should thank him, for with those bad things we gain strength and trust in Him. Free will and the pervursian (sp?) of our society is what is to blame, not God. Blame people.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I don't believe that there is a god(s)/God somewhere letting children, or anyone for that matter, go through bad things. Or good things. I agree that there are some crappy things going on in the world, and innocent children sometimes suffer and it really stinks. But it is due to people themsleves being "bad" (or mentally ill) and making poor decisions. Personal responsibility, that simple. Any other reasoning behind this is mere speculation and not truth, if you are looking for the truth.
    Jazzmim

Answer by Jazzmim at 4:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Free will free will free will. Blah blah blah. I think the question is Why does God not step in and spare these children from other's free will. Why is there an innocent victim in the first place?? Why does He allow the morally corrupt to have children if all they are going to do is abuse them?? Meanwhile the decent loving couple cannot even conceive. There is no god that's why.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• God gave us free will and as a mom said earlier that is the way he can tell his people from one anotha.
    Anonymous