• In the Spotlight:

Need some advice...

My baby girl's nose is bleeding when she sneezes... just a little bit, but I am worried that its hurting her. Any ideas aside from a humidifier? Any advice would be appreciated.

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 7:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My nose bleeds a lot in the winter. It's just the dry air. You can try using saline solution to keep it from being too dry. Talk with her ped. He/She will be able to give better advice.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Well every now and then when the weather is really dry, the inside of my nose get all irritated and dry. I put a little vasoline on a q-tip just to sooth the area. I have no idea if this is ok for an infant so I'd call a doc, but I can't see how it would hurt.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my nose has been bleeding like crazy, when I blow my nose, etc. It doesn't hurt so I really wouldn't worry about her being in pain. They make vaporizers which add moisture to the air and it can be really helpful. saline may help a bit.. but trying to keep moisture in the air
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You can also try putting Vasoline in her nose with a qtip. It helps to keep it more moisturized. Saline will help some but the effects of the Vasoline are longer lasting. Nose bleeds don't hurt, but are annoying.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My nose is the same way right now!! Beside the humidifier I would put some saline spray in her nose to keep it moist. Plus vaseline on the outside is always good!
    kimberly7952

Answer by kimberly7952 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2009