I have 4 kids all of them at least have adhd I have no control how do I get control and respect

I used to have a boyfriend who has hurt my 8 year old girl so I had to get rid of him and now im here to deal with all by myself 4 kids with adhd who do not listen or repect anything I say

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• may be you can find answers in some of the groups on the cafe. there are many that deal with Add and Adhd
    best of luck
    proud2bmom3

Answer by proud2bmom3 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Well first of all, labeling them with ADHD to excuse their behavior and disrespect is your first problem. ADHD means they have a problem focusing and learning; the behavior and disrespect is due to lack of discipline and boundaries. Sit down and decide what rules are important in your house and what the consequences are for breaking those rules. Stick to your guns and be consistent.
    Anonymous

• I know this sounds bad...but spank their behinds when they are disrespectful......Corners timeouts, etc....doesn't work with my 5 year old AT ALL he thinks its funny and he just laughs...you don't have to hurt em just let em know you mean business
    Anonymous

• sit down and tell them that u are the parent and that if they dont change u will!!!!!
    if they decide to fight, let them, dont stop them, and if they still wont listen and give u respect, then ask their dr who prescribes them their meds if they are on anything!!!
    Ms.Beth1214

Answer by Ms.Beth1214 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• 1. Have you diagnosed them or did an actual doctor?
    2. Have you made the changes necessary for ADHD (no red food dye, scheduled days)
    Anonymous

• I have a son who has severe ADHD and all kids,even ones who don't have it, but especially this kids need boundaries. I will be the first to you not to use that as an excuse and don't let them hear you say it was because of ADHD. If you have actually had them diagnosed by doctor he should tell you this. I did lots of research on it when my son was first diagnosed at 5. There is  of books and online articles that can really help. It all goes back to schedule and boundaries and modified behavior therapy.
    Rhonda35

Answer by Rhonda35 at 3:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• i have a daughter with adhd and i took her to a psychologist for help and the psychologist worked with me and the teacher to help her. we had to get to her level and work with her. it was not easy and you got 4 thats even harder. you cant do it alone, you need to find a pychologist or and organization for adhd to help you..good luck and sorry to hear that about your daughter.
    deelyn

Answer by deelyn at 1:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Remove the sugar from the house...all suger. It does help. Please if ya need a friend send me a invite.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• discipline them!!!!!!!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:05 AM on Jul. 22, 2008