IUD??

hey mommas! i have a couple questions i've never in my life have used birth control.. so i dont know how it all works.. or whatever..

my question is, which is better the birth control pill or the iud?

and i have ovary problems can i still get the iud?

does it hurt to get the iud??

i know theirs the 5 and 10 yr one. i am planning on getting the 10 yr one because yeeah.. anyhows anything on the iud or birth control in period will help

thank you moms!

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have the 5 year IUD. Had it since Jan 05. It didn't hurt but there is a cramp feeling which I thought was death but I'm just someone who overreactes with pain and I mean any type of pain. I bled for about 2-3 days and after that I haven't bled since nor have I been pregnant. We are talking about someone who gets pregnant from being looked at so the IUD really does work.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 11:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Well I don't about the IUD but I can tell you the obvious downfall of the pill is forgetting to take it. I have a reminder sent to my e-mail everyday and an alarm set on my phone, and a note on the fridge. lol.. I have a bad memory and do not want to forget. :)
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have Mirena, which is an IUD. And it didn't hurt when inserted for me, and I bled for about a week, had a period the next month, and nothing since, and that was 6 months ago. And I'm not pregnant either, haha.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have the Mirena also. it didn't hurt when the put the actuall iud in. but they pinched my cervix to see if they could put it in right then... i thought that sucked really bad. for the first 3 months, i bled really weird. always on and off.
    i def prefer this to the pill or the shot.
    not often but some womens body reject it, since it is a foreign object.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 8:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2009