• In the Spotlight:

Can someone fill me in on all the things Obama is planning on doing?

I'm not very political so I really don't know all these things he is planning. Only a few.
No rude answers please. I'm just wanting to know the facts, not personal opinions unless they are nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This is a start.

January 21, 2009 4:03 PM

White House Counsel Greg Craig went to Capitol Hill today to brief members of Congress about the three executive orders President Obama will sign tomorrow.

According to a former Hill aide, the orders will:

∙ close the detainee camp at Guantanamo Bay within a year and establish a process by which the U.S. government figures out what to do with the remaining detainees;

∙ establish new rules on interrogation methods moving forward;

∙ establish new guidelines for the treatment of detainees moving forward.

LINK

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Have you looked at http://www.whitehouse.gov/? You can search all the issues there and find lots of helpful information. That's the best place I can suggest at the moment. The Obama Mamas group would also be another place to go, they are very accepting of people who want to learn more about our new president.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• www.barackobama.com
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 8:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Close Gitmo, work on health care issues, attempt to balance the budget, improve the countries infrastructure.

Anonymous

• Well the unborn sure won't get any help from him. But no one cared it was all about promising America's pocketbook.
    Anonymous

• http://www.thepropheticyears.com/dddblog/2008/02/16/you-want-a-socialist-obama-nation.html
    Anonymous

• Anon 10:27: I am more concerned with the state of the economy and the unjust war we are in that YOUR views on the "rights of the unborn." This question isn't about YOUR idiological viewpoints on the morality of abortion. You don't like abortion, don't have one. After that, MY body, MY choice. Now, please keep on topic.
    Anonymous

• anon1057..nor is it about YOUR concern with the economy or was that some of us feel was justified..perhaps anon1027 couldn't care less about YOUR views, either..check the mirror much?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• ''war'' not 'was''...haha..late!
    Anonymous

• seriously, whitehouse.gov! don't go to whitehouse.org, I went there and was confused for a minute lol. I was reading his agenda last night and it's impressive. I hope he doesn't change it (hahaha I'm funnies.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2009