Does your DH get Laid off often?

My Dh gets laid off often! So we get behind.. Then Everything possible goes Wrong & breaks Down! Now he may be Laid off for good! After 23+ years! He was at another plant that Closed down & had to start over.. Anyone else too? Any Advice?? I haven't been able to see a doctor since' 05. We're still paying it off.. I have many problems! I haven't had new Glasses or contacts in 5+ years! We have No Savings or any Family to help..Do many Things are now Old & breaking or Broken.. Hoping for A Better Someday...

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• My hubby gets laid off every winter and yes it was hard and we just opened our own snowplowing company. You may need to apply for unemployment and any other assistance.

Anonymous

• often is a joke. they promise like 40 plus hrs and after a month the company goes bankrupt. i hate it!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Get help. There's foodstamps, medical, and other resources that can give you a helping hand.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• We are in your same boat...and lauren the state doesn't always help...I get unemployment but only like 360 a week. Our rent alone is 995. we are 2 mos behind, about to get evicted, I have a baby, he's 800 behind on child support for his kid, unemployment won't hurry up and give him money, and if we want medical from the state we have to pay 200 a month...which would be a great price if we could afford that...I tried food stamps...but we haven't qualified yet. I'm still waiting. I feel that were at rock bottom, before filing bankrupt and I don't want to do that...I just hope the economy doesn't get worse...I don't want to know what a depression feels like!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009