QUICK QUESTION..

OKAY.. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ABORTION AND TAKING THE DAY AFTER PILL?

I THOUGHT IT WAS THE SAME THING BUT I'M NOT TO SURE.. I DONT BELIEVE IN ABORTION AND I'VE NEVER BEENON BIRTH CONTROL OF ANY SORT..
SO WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Health

• I guess you could view it as the same thing. I would say the big difference is there's usually a fetus when an abortion is done. With the day after pill I suppose you would just be killing cells. Now i'm not an expert I could be wrong, but thats what I get from it. It's just your personal point of view on how you see things whether or not you consider it abortion.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• The difference is that morning after pill flushes out a few cells that haven't formed much yet, and an abortion you have to wait until any time after the 6-8 week time period when the baby has a heart beat and in many cases has body parts.
    Anonymous

• OH MY.. I DIDNT KNOW ALL OF THAT. SO BASICALLY THE DAY AFTER PILL CANNOT BE TAKEN AFTER A CERTAIN TIME CORRECT?

BUT DOESNT ABORTION AND DAY AFTER PILL MESS YOUR BODY UP?

I MEAN WHEN YOUR OLDER AND STUFF..

IF YOU ARE WONDERING WHY I'M ASKING YOU HAVE TO READ MY OTHER POST ABOUT MY NEIGHBOUR!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• The morning after pill is not effective past 72 hours of conception. It will not allow the cells to attach to the walls of the uterus, and will, like a PP said, just flush anything that is there, out. I have taken it myself and noticed no side effects.

As far as it messing up your body, I am not really sure O
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009