Jealousy or concern? really

Being on baby six, some have a negative reaction to that!
being well off I usually think it is jealousy, what is your experience, or opinion?

JoLee12345

Asked by JoLee12345 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 16, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I don't know if it is jealousy or concern at all....probably just different than they would do, and they don't really understand it (why someone would want to, how they can manage, etc). I have 3 and when I talk about a 4th, people look at me like I'm off my meds LOL. IMO, if you can afford your children, care for them properly, and manage them yourself (with your DH), I don't think there is a problem.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• i don't care how many children anyone has as long as they can afford to care for them without PA or other government welfare aid. of course, that does not include unplanned for events such as illnesses or jobloss. its called 'planned parenthood' for a reason.
    also, as long as the other kids are striving and growing, mentally/physically, without signs of neglect or abuse..have a dozen!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2012

• Couldn't really care much less than I do :) As Dull says, as long as a family decides they want and can afford (both emotionally and financially) more children I have no opinion on the matter.

I can only choose for myself what is appropriate; I don't choose for others.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 11:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2012

• Personally I don't really consider it my business how many kids other people have. If you can afford to take care of them then even better. I would never be jealous of someone having a large family. It's a personal decision. We decided to have a family of a certain size and we are good with it, we don't look for validation from others.

As for concern, I have heard some people's argument against the Duggars as the mother being selfish because she doesn't have enough time for all of the kids they have and also because it takes a toll on her health, especially as she ages and if anything horrible happened that would be 18 or 19 kids without a mother. I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with it, I think that kind of concern is purely opinion based.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• What exactly do you mean when you say someone is jealous? Jealous you have 6 kids? Jealous you are well off? I am confused by what you mean.

I really don't care how many kids people have as long as they can afford them and aren't relying on the tax payers to pay for them. For me personally, I only wanted one child and that is what I have. I was an only child too and I loved it and wanted my dd to have the same kind of life I had. I never wanted brothers or sisters when I was growing up or was lonely (like so many people say about only children). To each their own...as long as it doesn't affect me.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• I have 8 and have never met a person who was jealous, thought I was crazy maybe but jealous..no.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• I highly doubt anyone is jealous you are having a 6th child, really. Um, practically nobody wants 6 kids. We have 5, and didn't have negative reactions, more like people were shocked we would want to have another because they couldn't imagine caring and providing for that many children. It's a lot!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• I would think that you are a very tired woman.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• i meant to write 'thriving'..not striving. lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2012

• I would not be jealous myself cause more then 2 is a lot to me.. i give you props though..
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 12:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2012