Do White Cloud diapers from Walmart have a smaller fit than Huggies?

My daughter was born last week weighing 6lbs 13.5oz. She keeps leaking out the sides of her Huggies Supreeme newborn diapers. So I put her in a premie diaper that I had in the house for my children's doll. That did the trick. But I thought it would be more cost effective if I could buy newborn diapers instead of premie ones. Years ago when my oldest was small I remember buying White Cloud diapers and I think they fit smaller. Does anyone know??

Lynette

Asked by Lynette at 8:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, white cloud fit smaller. When my daughter was born she was 6 pounds, 1 ounce. She could wear the white cloud smallest diaper but not pampers or huggies newborns, those were WAY to big for her.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• We used pampers they fit better (newborn size)
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i don't know about white cloud..
    but i also used pampers for my son because the huggies were too small. he was in the pampers for about a month before he could fit huggies.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 8:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I want to try pampers but my boys rashed from them so I'm nervous about trying them on my little girl.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 8:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i feel like white cloud doesnt stretch at all... we had to put the sticky strap all the way at the end so my girls could sit up comfortably. we have used pampers swaddlers and liked thembut they are a bit pricey.... i also feel like huggies dont fit right on my girls.... after that we have tried luvs and think thats the best... very very good leakage protection. and at walmart you get 120 for $20... where at target we got 92 for $18 (size 3)..... thats like 18 more diapers....
    melissa089

Answer by melissa089 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I think they do!! My daughter is in between a size 2 and 3. The pack I have right now was given to me at my baby shower and its white cloud size 2. They are getting small and leaking a lot. Im trying to finish up the pack, but may have to give them away. I tried a huggie diaper today because I have a big pack of 2 that were unopened. I was hoping they would hold better, but they fit her better!
    kimberly7952

Answer by kimberly7952 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My twins were 5lbs 10oz and 6lbs 13oz, and we used the pampers swaddlers newborns right off the bat. They fit perfectly, - no need for preemies. Since then i've used luvs, parents choice, and huggies (never used white cloud), and my favorites are the huggies and the pampers. The other ones just feel rough, while the pampers and huggies are softer. Plus, they seem to have more absorbency in my opinion. At least so far, they are only in size 1s.
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 9:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i know huggies run way small but they leak if they pee more than once and my son pees 5,000 times a day i swear. i hate white cloud, the tabs are too low they leave no leg room. i like walmart parents choice they seem to fit abouyt right
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2009