I need some help from anyone with frequent ovarian cyst problems

This is becoming a huge thing. I had 3 big painful ones last year. One was 7cm. Another one left an infection in my tube.(it was suspected to be an ectopic but they couldn't find an embryo) I think I have another one right now thats bothering me. On the 10th of this month I am sure another one broke. I am on the pill but they cant really raise my dose cuz of headache problems I had before. They can, but I guess I'd have to push for them to. It's been more and more frequent. They can't do much for me if their not huge. They say most women don't know they're there. I had one the size of a golfball when I was 12. Can anyone give me a little advice? Did anyone end up having a historectomy because of something like this? I am 24. Besides getting stronger birth control, I don't know what to do.

BubbysMom208

Asked by BubbysMom208 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Health

• There really isn't anything you can do. Are you on bc pill that have like a cyclin in the name like orthotrycyclin. I have frequent cysts and they put me on a pill that had an even hormone level all month and it did help. I have cyst coupled with endometriosis. It is true that most women don't knomw that they are there. I wish you all the luck. You can suffer from the cysts or have to synthetic hormones for the rest of your life. You will have to decide. I wish you all the luck. I had one of my ovaries removed b/c of a cyst inside of the ovary itself.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I HAVE A CYST ON MY OVARY. I'VE NEVE HAD THEM BEFORE. BUT IT HURTS AND ALL THEY CAN DO IS MONITOR IT, THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD MINE IS 4CM.. SO YEA
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have one At least! So It cost me Thousands to find out in '05! I can't Afford to go back. My Friend & I are both born on the same day.. August 19th! On in '79 & one in'60!! We both have one on our left ovary! Another Common Bond! How Neat!! We're Busty Left handed Blondes too! Anyway If they come & go that's life.. I guess!! I hope you can find something to help you!! But your Question is more for webmd or A DR.!! I wish you the Best Luck!! Stay Healthy & don't give up!!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I am on OrthoCyclin. The TriCyclen made me bleed every other week. I was always on the shot and never had a problem with my cysts then. The shot is not an option for me anymore. (migraines from it) I am on the next dose up from the lowest. I'll see if they'll raise it for me. If I get the headaches I can always go back.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009