Have your teens thought on what they would like to be when their out high school?

What have they said so far? My son thinks I'm kidding but I really want him to put good thoughts into this. Plan A, B and C. I said Fireman and he said he wants to work where his uncle works longsherman at the docks.

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 8:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I am 34 and I still don't know what I want to do. I do agree with having a plan A, B, or C. I also think that you have to let them choose with out making the decision for them.

My son wants to be a Rock Star or and Actor. I have given him the tools to try either of those professions. He also knows that he wants to go to college and that I would like him to have a plan C.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My SD wants to be a heart surgeon. She is 16.

Anonymous

• I think it's hard for a teen to decide so young what they want to do for the rest of their lives. I'm 22 so I remember when I was in high school I wanted to be a doctor then I changed it to a nurse. Then I didn't want to go to college. Then i actually graduated and went to college to be a medical assistant, a year in college, i decided to join the Marine Corps. lol. I think it's hard to decide for sure when you're so young.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Im in grade 9 and I have known what I have wanted to do since I was 8. I want to grad then go on to university and get my degree in ECE and become a specilist in infant then get a degree in social work being a childrens advocate.
    almostamommyof2

Answer by almostamommyof2 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009