over due

im 4 days over due.. i went to the doc tueday i havent dilated any but a fingertip and 70 % effaed. ieve been haveing horrable cramps and contractions . the doc said thats what cause women to dillate but im not . ieve tryed everything to make me go in to labor. walking. sex , cleaning house. everything. im in so much pain. does any one know any thing i can do.. this is also my 1st child im young (18)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just wait it out same thing happened to me i was 4 days late and nothing was happening butthen lol just like instanly he was there i was 17 when i had my first
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Has your doctor talked with you about medications yet? It may be neccessary to take some medication (I forget what its called) that will help you dilate.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• with my first my water broke out of nowhere at 6 days past due
    with the second i had to be induced at 8 days past due
    it happens to a lot of people, hang in there to see if it happens naturally but if it doesnt they may induce you
    learae

Answer by learae at 8:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Ive had five kid's, my first one at 18, and I was 10 day's over due with one, 1 week overdue with one and overdue with all but one!!1 Good luck!! Have you tried squats? Just squat like you would to pee and stay there for a while, it's supposed to open up the cervix, also red rasberry leaf tea is supposed to help. I got a foot massage by suggestion from a friend because I was overdue and 8 hours later went into labor!!
    mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 8:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you're not overdue til you're 2 weeks past your due date. labor doesn't come when the doctor tells you. a due date is an estimate. there is no magical way to start labor besides induction which is unsafe & unnecessary. be patient. the end of pregnancy is the hardest.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I was two and a half weeks past my due date with my first and induced for two days, I was four days past my due date with my second and induced, and two days after my third and given pitocin to get me into a good contracting rhythm. My body is just one of those that needed that kick start.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 9:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• have you and your dr talked about inducing you?? you are over due and i have no clue what jus1jess is talking about that your not over due till youre 2 weeks past your due date.. they were gonna induce me 6 or 8 days after my due date. next time you go for your next apt..(if you make it that far) ask about induction..and the med they give you to start contractions is called pitocin..but trust me, you'd rather wait to go naturally than w pitocin..pitocin makes your contractions 100 times worse than natural contractions..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• one more thing..you can also ask your dr to 'strip the membranes'
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009