I know it is their job

but do you ever get really embarrassed talking with the doctor?

I am doing biweekly check ups now and one week I had hemorrhoid problems, the next week I had a bacterial infection after sex and needed antibiotics, and today I had to go because they thought I was leaking amniotic fluid and when he peered down below all he could see was a huge yeast infection due to the antibiotics. I'm afraid to ever see my poor doctor in public! hahaha
Like I said, I know it is their job and they get paid to deal with stuff like this but does any one else ever get horribly embarrassed?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Having worked for doctors, I promise you can't be on the "weird end"- there are some WACKY patients out there. Oddly I have yet to encounter any of them in public. Whew!! LOL
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 10:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• HAHA I USE TO BE LIKE THAT, LIKE WHEN I GOT PREG WITH MY SON WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAD EVER HAD A PAP DONE I WAS SO EMBARASSED.. I COULDNT EVEN LOOK AT THE DOC IN THE FACE.. MY SO THOUGHT IT WASSOO FUNNY!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• ya i get shy lol i hate telling someone else even a dr whats wrong personally with me lol hell i dont like telling my husband lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• naw....he has seen my goods, dug around with tools and fingers in my goods. How much more embarrasing could things get. My doctor is funny and very easy to talk to. I like him a lot!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Nope, not anymore! After I was pregnant with my daughter, its very easy for me to talk to my doctor, and be comfortable while him perfoming a pap/vaginal ultrasound on me! We actually talk about our daily lives as if nothing is going on down below lol*... It really doesn't bother me one bit anymore!
    Anonymous

• please every time that i have to get a pap smear i freak out so bad that my stomach hurts and it feels like i have to take a crap or pass gas.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i never have been embarrassed of those dr.s...im glad to know that im not the only one who got a yeast infection from the bacterial antibiotics..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• oh ya..the part i Do get embarrassed on is when the nurse is in the room if i have an embarrassing question.
    tnteaton