My DS who is 7 wants to know why his little brother wiener is bigger than his! HELP!

It really is though. for some reason my older DS's is kind of 'tucked'? I don't know how you would say that. While my 3 year old's isn't. So it appears to be bigger. there is nothing wrong with my older sons anatomy is is probably genetics... that have different dads. I am a single mom of sorts with DH deployed so I have ZERO ideas as to how to address this but it KEEPS coming up! So 1)How do I address this? 2) Is it normal for 7 year old to be concerned with size?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2012 in General Parenting

• Just tell him that all penises are different sizes. Just like people, some are big and some are not as big.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• – collapse
    He's not concerned with size. He noticed something and was curious. Ask the doc why then tell him what doc said
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2012 (hidden) + expand

• "He's not concerned with size"

She just said he asked why is brother's penis was bigger than his. That appears to mean he's concerned with size.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• I agree with SleepingBeautee.

Answer by louise2 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• Just tell him it's the same reason why some people are shorter and some people are taller... penises, like people come in all different sizes!! No big deal!! My son wanted to know why his was longer some times (AKA: an erection). I just told him because it's full of more blood sometimes and when the blood level goes down it will get smaller again (which is technically what an erection is - so it wasn't a lie & I didn't have to explain anything to deep for a 5 yr old to understand). He was like, OK thanks Mommy. I think sometimes they just want to know it's normal.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• " I think sometimes they just want to know it's normal."

Bingo.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• I think part of it is feeling "grown up". I only have girls, but my oldest DD is 6 and is becoming increasingly concerned about when she is going to grow boobs like a "big girl". In her mind, the bigger they are, the older and more grown up she must be. All of the women in my family have enormous boobs, and she will use them as a way to gauge age and authority. I have DDs, but some of my aunts and grandma are even bigger. In her mind, she thinks that they keep growing until you die or fall over from the weight I guess LOL.

Do you think it is possible that he is thinking the same way about himself? That he is older and he is supposed to be bigger than his brother? Or that he is supposed to grow to a specific size like daddy (not that I guess he would see a penis the way you can see boobs when dressed)?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• Because every one is unique.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2012

• I asked my DH if boys were concerned about size at that age and he said thats about the time kids start making fun of each other.
    Anonymous

• I wish I knew. My 4 year old is concerned with size and he doesn't even know what that thing is for! I just keep telling him it will grow with time lol.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 9:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2012