Is this a normal feeling...

I have been a stay at home mom for 5 years now to my 5 year old and 2 year old...I also babysit part time. I have just been really depressed lately...I want to go out and get my life back...everyone is bothering me right now...my kids my husband...is this normal? Or am I really going through something right now...I don't know what to do...I just want to be happy again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like mommy needs some time off. YOu should take a weekend to yourself and have your hubby watch the kids.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You have to make up your mind if you want to work maybe part time or if you just need to get out of the house and go visit friends one or two nights a week. Sometimes decisions like these are not that easy because of the emotional ties you have developed with your children. Theers a sense of guilt and theres a sense of relief at getting away for a bit. Whatever you decide, think about whats best for all-it may be that you need some time for you.
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Perhaps play groups/ coffee mornings where the kids play and the mom's talk, would help. Or there are programs at the Y for children and mom's. You should have some time off each week to go out and relax - maybe with a friend- or just time on your own to relax with your feet up. Perhaps you could get a part time job for just one evening when your husband would be home to watch the children. If you find yourself without energy, rule out physical or hormonal problems by getting a checkup from your doctor. Try taking walks with the children outside or take them to parks and the library.

Answer by Bmat at 9:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• start out doing the various things the ladies have mentioned, if you still feel the same, then you should visit the doctor. sometimes our bodies become overwhelmed with emotion and stress that it comes out physically in depression. Its NO fun... good luck
    Ibelucky1

Answer by Ibelucky1 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2009