Beef Stew.

Does anyone know a good beef stew recipe. Like from scratch? That's relatively easy. I buy it in the can all the time but i've always wanted to make it myself.

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 8:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just buy the stew mix and follow the directions on it
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Shake beef cubes in flour. Brown in a little oil, add chopped onions, carrots, potatoes, celery if desired. Add beef stock or water. salt, pepper, cook for several hours. The flour on the cubes should thicken the stew. If it doesn't, shake flour in a little cold water until blended and whisk into the stew the last half hour of cooking.

Answer by Bmat at 8:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yes. Buy stew meat or a roast and chunck it up. Brown in a large pot with a chopped onion. When cooked though, add your beef stock. You can either add frozen, canned, or fresh veggies (peas, carrots, potatoes) season to taste. Thicken with corn starch.
    *to thicken with cornstarch, add a few tablespoons of cornstarch to cold water in a bowl or cup. Stirr to disolve. When your stew if BOILING, add your cold cornstarch water. Stir stir stir like crazy so you don't get lumps. It may take quite a bit if it's a big pot, but remember, the stew must be boiling and the cornstarch water must me cold. It will thicken just alittle bit more as it sits and cools.*
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• How exactly do i roast it or cook it? Like boil it?
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 9:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• No, just one tablespoon on oil in the bottom of your pot. Start out on high to sear, then cook on medium untill it's done.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Is it like a crock pot?? I am the least domesticated woman ever. It's sad!!
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i boil everything. i throw the meat and potatoes and carrots in then a little while later add the rest of the veggies, some of the beef bullion stuff, some garlic salt, onion powder...black pepper ect...if it is not thick enough take some of the hot juice and put a little bit of corn sratch in it. thats all i do, it tastes pretty good...
    redheadgurl87

Answer by redheadgurl87 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• NO! not in a crock pot. On the stove.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I do the same as everyone has mentioned but I make mine in a crock pot!!
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 22, 2009