What could be causing me not to get pregnant

for a few months now I have been trying to get pregnant, last week or so I went to the doctors for a UTI and told them I might be preg (at that time I did not know yet) and she tested me and said I wasnt.. but today I started to spot and got some cramps. I'm not bleeding like my normal period and im like a half week or even over a week early but back to my "period" its a dark brown colour and I'm thinking I know you can spot and stuff when your preg, so do you think I'm preg or just a weird period

Laceyy

Asked by Laceyy at 8:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• most likely it's a weird period, definetly is just a period if they tested for pregnancy by blood test. a lot of the pee on pregnancy tests came out as a false negative while i was pregnant. so sorry
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 8:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• In any given month, a healthy couple only has about a 20% or less chance of getting pregnant. That's not very good odds. So, while extremely frustrating, until you've had no success for a year, you're probably just fine to keep at it. Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• well actually if its a week before your period is actually due---that could be implantation bleeding, which is said to be spotty, brown and last a day or two. GOOD LUCK!! and baby dust your way honey!!! I am in the same boat and the 2 weeks of waiting to see if you get your period sucks. Just wait it out, and if you miss the period, take a test!!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i kept having miscarraiges early the dr. prescribed a creme compounded that was progrestorone
    I insert vaginally for the first 3 months and she turned out fine!
    Anonymous