HEY EVERYONE...UMM IM A YOUNG MOTHER (19 YRS. OLD) AND THIS IS MY VERY FIRST PREGNANCY (SO YAYY) BUT IVE BEEN FEELING ALOT OF PELVIC PRESSURE AND I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THIS WAS NORMAL. ALSO ALOT OF CRAMPING AND STUFF SO IF ANY LADY OUT THERE KNOWS PLEASE EXPLAIN .. THANKS

ITS MY FIRST TRIMESTER

MRS.LUGOMOM2B

Asked by MRS.LUGOMOM2B at 4:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• the pelvic pressure is your hips adjusting and getting ready for the big arrival.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I agree with vakatia. Also the cramping, that is pretty normal at this stage. As long as it isn't like period type cramps and/or you aren't bleeding I wouldn't be too worried about it. A lot of the time the cramping is really just gas. It will get better soon. Then in the 3rd trimester you will have ligament stretching and all kinds of odd pains and craps. It is just your body prepairing itself for birth.
    coolmawmy

Answer by coolmawmy at 5:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I had period like cramps off and on till i was about 6 weeks. I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow. Sometimes i feel pressure down there too, but im pretty sure its normal. What you need to look out for is bleeding.. I wouldnt worry at this point.
    Tamara_Fisher

Answer by Tamara_Fisher at 5:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I had the pressure so bad that I could barely walk, and it had me in tears many times. I found out my hips were moving improperly. It is called SPD. Google it, and you can find out if yours might be that. My ob gave me Tylenol 3 to take for the pain. I only took it when I had to function above and beyond. I now have a healthy baby boy and the pain is totally gone!
    pandora1988

Answer by pandora1988 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• yeah, youll feel a lot of pressure as your hips adjust cause they're softening and stretching out right now...but if you think this is pressure, talk to me when youre about 8 mo!..lol...feel free to pm me if youve got any more questions
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Pelvic pressure is errible, ain' it? I could not sleep whatsoever towards the end of my pregnancy. Totally normal!
    mommy2PR

Answer by mommy2PR at 1:01 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Try sleeping with a pillow between your knees at night. And oddly enough keep moving during the day if you can because staying still just allows your muscles to cramp up more. I was 19 when i got pregnant (21 now) so i remember how terrifying every little ache and pain was. Pm if you have any questions :) Congratulations!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• it could be gas pains too. thats what im have.. im 19 also :) but if u think it could be gas cut back on some of the foods your eating that could cause the gas :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2008